Fighting Denial and Deceit


Watch Rep. Dennis Kucinich confront an MD who claimed that "the Canadian health care system is worse than the US's."

Way to go Dennis!



Too bad the Media cannot hold these guys accountable like Kucinich did in the video above.

Instead our American media likes to present itself as an "umpire" between "the rival sides" - as if they both had "truthful evidence" behind them. That is a BAD policy and does not serve us.



The US is the only major industrialised country that does not provide regular healthcare to all its citizens. Instead, we are required to provide for ourselves - and 50 million of us can't afford the insurance.

As a result, 18,000 US citizens die every year needlessly, because they can't access the care they require.

The Republicans want to defend the existing system. Politicians and fringe "grassroots protest groups" are given massive sums of money by the private medical firms who benefit from the deadly status quo.

But they can't kill health care reform honestly so they have to invent lies to make any life-saving extension of health care sound depraved.

Maybe it's because I know more "starving artists" than most, this issue is keeping me awake nights. I see and hear the suffering around me and it is heartbreaking.

Drat.

If I could think of a way to paint this subject I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.

“The future will not belong to those who sit on the sidelines. The future will not belong to the cynics. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
- Senator Paul Wellstone

Please call your CongressCritters & Obama now (and at least once a week) to demand a strong public healthcare option!

House and Senate
(202) 224-3121

The White House
(202) 456-1111

And tell them your story. Pressure from the people is the only way to make it happen.

4 comments:

Tommy Hunt said...

Bravo Karin and Dennis Kucinich! I lived in Canada for 37 years. I've been here in the United States for 5. The shameless propaganda that's been coming out of the news media such as Fox News is astounding. I far prefer the Canadian system to our American one.

Tommy Hunt
Atlanta

My Painting Studio said...

There is no room for facts and reason in our "news" coverage.

The Media (esp. Fox News) reports the lies as if they are truth - even though it is relatively easy to check the facts.

Please continue to speak out and be sure to call your Congresscritters and The White House and tell them you want the Public Option.

It's getting scary out here. I won't go to a Town Hall Meeting because I don't want to be around a bunch of angry nuts carrying guns.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your logical concerns about the healthcare plan. As a former Canadian, living for the past 15 years in France with its enviable health care system, I find it incredible to have seen and heard on the American media such blatant distortion of the healthcare proposal.
I think it's bundled up with people's concerns and fears about the economy, and the ineffective interventions in the middle East. I fear the power hungry fearmongers will continue to mount opposition to Obama politics. As long as there is internal conflict, the status quo can remain secure.

My Painting Studio said...

It seems that my beloved Country is so full of misinformation and disinformation that it boggles my mind.

And yes, it is keeping me from painting these days. I probably ought to post something on that.