The Moment the Meek Inherited the Earth


Experience the pure power of what an unexpected talent can do!



By now, most people have heard of Susan Boyle. 

But some of you haven't - so click on the picture link above and prepare for a jaw-dropping performance.



Pictured above is a harder-to-find recording of Susan Boyle from a 1999 recording she made for a charity event. 

The original tape was tossed out and alas, only 1000 original CDs were made. 



Above are some pictures of Susan Boyle at home in Blackburn, West Lothian. A devout Catholic, she said "This is where all this is coming from. It'a gift, a Godsend. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner."

Fred O'Neil, a professional voice coach who taught her, said "her 'Britain's Got Talent' audition in Glasgow last year was her last throw of the dice."

Susan Boyle's performance gives us a compelling peek into a universal and ageless archetype about a person so unique that they are shunned and thus feel misunderstood and unvalued.

Brilliance comes so often with high contrast. In our search for perfection, we often overlook the gems that are hidden in unusual packaging. 



Susan stayed true to her dream - and all of us are so much better for her song!

1 comment:

My Painting Studio said...

Thanks for your comments. Susan Boyle's performance is a "feel good" treat that I think most of us can relate to.

Actually the reason I write this blog is that instruction in painting "realism" isn't easily available to all who wish to learn it. I didn't learn it in art school either.

There are tips, trick and methods that aren't easy to put into a workshop. It can seem overwhelming to "get" all of this in a short period of time - hence this blog of mine.

Short of sitting in a corner of my studio for a year, I would like to think that breaking the teaching down in this manner is a good way for me to help you paint better.

I don't know it all, of course, but I know some things that nobody else seems to be telling....