Further Inspiration from my Box of Studio Rocks


Nature is so much better at mixing colors than I am.



Nature's earth palette is both subtle and sophisticated.


Our pigments come from the earth and sometimes I like to think of rocks as little color chips to carry around.



A pile of rocks will cease to be a mere rock pile when somebody contemplates them with the idea of the colors of a great painting in mind.



My Box of Rocks provides endless inspiration in seeing the surprising things Mother Nature does with colors. 




Who would ever imagine that dull red and that particular shade of violet could look so nice side by side?





Sometimes I line up a palette of rocks on the tray of my easel. The colors will influence and more often than not work their way into my paintings.

No comments: