The iPad is the Best Tool in my Studio


Painting from life is a luxury that many of us don't have. 

The backlit photograph is so much better than a printed photo to display photographic details of a subtle range of value. 

 I load my iPad with reference photos, clip it to my easel and I’m ready to paint. 

 Here's how to take a screen shot of any page ~ like this:



 First, make sure your screen is at its brightest setting. 

Press the POWER button at the top right of the iPad and the HOME button at the bottom of the screen at the same time for a second. You’ll see the screen flash white for an instant and you’ll hear the camera shutter sound. 

That’s it. Simple. 

Here is a screen shot I just took from my iBook, Old Master Portraits Volume I


Once you’ve done that, you can go to the Photos app and see your screenshot in the Camera Roll Album. From there you can use iCloud, email it to yourself and/or play with it on your computer if you wish. 

Here's another screen shot from my iBook:



On your iPad, you can enlarge or manipulate it with an app like InstaEditor, (one of many free photo apps available).

The iPad has a Kindle App for book reading...but if you want to view beautiful photos too, consider the iPad. 

The average Kindle reader (Kindle, Android, etc.) tends to display a poor quality photo in a mere 16 shades of gray (yuck).  I am sure that the technology will someday catch up to the current iPad.

I do believe that even Apple does not yet fully understand the possiilities of their iPad's use in the field of art. It really is the electronic gadget for those of us who are visual.

No comments: