Happy Valentine's Day


From the sappy...



To the sublime...



A Summer Love Poem
by Nikki Giovanni

Clouds float by on a summer sky
I hop scotch over to you

Rainbows arch from ground to gold
I climb over to you

Thunder grumbles, lightning tumbles
And I bounce over to you

Sun beams back and catches me
Smiling over at you



Love Is
by Nikki Giovanni

Some people forget that love is
tucking you in and kissing you
"Good night"
no matter how young or old you are

Some people don't remember that
love is
listening and laughing and asking
questions
no matter what your age

Few recognize that love is
commitment, responsibility
no fun at all
unless

Love is 
You and me 



And I Have You
by Nikki Giovanni

Rain has drops 
Sun has shine 
Moon has beams 
That make you mine

Rivers have banks 
Sands for shores 
Hearts have heartbeats 
That make me yours

Needles have eyes 
Though pins may prick 
Elmer has glue 
To make things stick

Winter has Spring 
Stockings feet 
Pepper has mint 
To make it sweet

Teachers have lessons 
Soup du jour 
Lawyers sue bad folks 
Doctors cure

All and all 
This much is true 
You have me 
And I have you

No comments: